My friend Linda sent this picture to me on Facebook. I liked it so much that I made it "my" icon for both FB and my blog. Sadly, it isn't seen too well in such a small square.
I have been reading a lot of books in the last month, although I must admit that I almost always read a lot. Going to Bellingham and Seattle, WA and to Salt Lake City, UT, I visited independent books stores and found new books and new authors at each one.
Plus, a FB friend has asked me twice to write about Richard Rohr's newest book, Immortal Diamond: The Search for Our True Self. As you may have guessed from Rohr's quotes from that book in the post below, I really, really like this book!
So I am committing to write about books for the next few weeks, especially since I will write about each chapter in Immortal Diamond and there are nine chapters. I have read some new mysteries with new authors (to me), some fiction and some philosophy/religion books.
In the last year or so, my inspiration for writing to my blog has diminished, but writing about books will help me have a my jumping-off point.
Please check each day about books I recommend!
(I will start tonight.)
I have been reading a lot of books in the last month, although I must admit that I almost always read a lot. Going to Bellingham and Seattle, WA and to Salt Lake City, UT, I visited independent books stores and found new books and new authors at each one.
Plus, a FB friend has asked me twice to write about Richard Rohr's newest book, Immortal Diamond: The Search for Our True Self. As you may have guessed from Rohr's quotes from that book in the post below, I really, really like this book!
So I am committing to write about books for the next few weeks, especially since I will write about each chapter in Immortal Diamond and there are nine chapters. I have read some new mysteries with new authors (to me), some fiction and some philosophy/religion books.
In the last year or so, my inspiration for writing to my blog has diminished, but writing about books will help me have a my jumping-off point.
Please check each day about books I recommend!
(I will start tonight.)

1 comment:
Looking forward to this... I have yet to read Immortal Diamond. School is about to be finished and I graduate, so more time for my own reading.
I love Rohr's work; that I got to be part of a book project with him still blows my mind. This is proof of miracles! He is such a gift of wisdom in the world.
Post a Comment