Thursday, October 11, 2012

What's Wrong with This World

"There is an idea that has taken root in this world, that is at the root of everything that is wrong with this world, and that idea is that some lives matter more than others. At Homeboy Industries, the most important thing that we do is to say: you matter, you count, you are worth something." -- Fr. Greg Boyle

This was on Facebook yesterday. I liked the quote so much that I wanted it on my blog along with this picture of Father Gregory Boyle affirming this young man. I admire him and his organization of Homeboy Industries very much.

If you have not read Father G's book Tattoos on the Heart: The Power of Boundless Compassion, you should! Anne Lamott says about this book:

"An astonishing book . . . about suffering and dignity, death and resurrection, one of my favorite books in years. It is lovely and tough and tender beyond my ability to describe and left me in tears of both sorrow and laughter."

She aptly describes how I feel about this book.

No comments: