Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Two Visits to Austin in October

October 6, 2012 Grandpa and Avery
 Here is a picture of Grandpa Chuck playing with Avery at a park near her house in Austin three weeks ago.

In three weeks, we noticed Avery talking with multiple words and using more words. Her verbal skills are blooming, and she won't be 2 years old until Thanksgiving.

Her parents like to do things with her on the weekends, because she is in school all week while DC and AA are at work. As a mother and grandmother, I really like to watch AA and DC parent Avery.
October 29, 2012 Avery






 This week our daughters from Seattle AE and KA are visiting in Austin, which is why we drove to Austin this past weekend.

Yesterday Avery's parents, oldest son DC and his wife AA, took us all to a pumpkin patch on a farm in Marble Falls, TX. There were all kinds of pumpkins around, with activities, such as this tractor to ride on; bouncing on bouncy "berry fields" (which scared Avery); and painting pumpkins.
Chuck with DC and Avery before her bedtime.


Although our two youngest (of four) children could not join us in Austin, we really enjoyed being with our oldest children and their beloved partners--with Avery! Avery is the star whenever we are all together.

Before we left Austin today, Chuck and I met DC and Avery at her school. I was glad to see where she goes, as I have been impressed with all I have heard about its modes of operation.

1 comment:

Nancy said...

Such cute pictures! It looks like you had lots of fun.