Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Salt Lake City

University of Utah in Salt Lake City
Tomorrow (Thursday) MJ and I are flying to Salt Lake City to find her a place to live for graduate school. In the fall she will be at the University of Utah, starting to work towards a PhD. in organic chemistry, just like her father earned long ago at Oregon State University.

I am looking forward to being with MJ and to seeing what Salt Lake City is like. I've never been to Salt Lake City before. MJ visited there some months ago when she was deciding which graduate school to attend.

There is a direct flight to Salt Lake City from San Antonio, so that is how we will be flying to and from SLC. Since MJ is already in San Antonio, I am the one who will drive there tomorrow for our flight departure.

We return on Monday evening. I hope the plane will arrive in time, because I will drive back to Corpus Christi that evening and would like to get home earlier rather than later. It takes more than two hours to drive between the two cities.

Salt Lake City, here we come!

1 comment:

Nancy said...

Safe travels! Have a wonderful time!