Today's Friday Five for RevGalBlogPals is all about summer whizzing by and there only being five more months in this year.
Since I live in hot and humid southern and coastal Texas, I look forward to the coming months. Unfortunately, it does not get any cooler until sometime in October or even in November. I really miss the fall days I grew up with in the north. I used to be an elementary school teacher, and so I associate the beginning of school with autumn--BUT not here!
August:
I am looking forward to August very much with the advent of a family vacation to Washington State. Although my parents died years ago, my husband's parents are still alive in Bellingham. It is exciting to have all our children join us there, along with our first grandchild, whom Great Grandma and Great Grandpa have never met. We are renting a house at Friday Harbor on San Juan Island for one week. Our children have varying times of being with us. The youngest MJ leaves early to start graduate school at the University of Utah.
September:
Classes and life will start up again. I lead a weekly lectio divina group at First United Methodist Church and also facilitate a weekly reading group called the Wisdom Class at All Saints Episcopal Church. I must start organizing the church library at All Saints (again) with renewed vigor.
October:
This is the month that we'll probably get our first cold front this far south to cool things off for a few days. This is also my birthday month; I love birthdays!
November:
More birthdays this month: Our youngest daughter MJ will be 23 and our only grandchild Avery will be 2 years old! Other events to anticipate are our daughters AE and KA visiting from Seattle and later Thanksgving!
December:
Christmas! I love to send Christmas cards and get ready for Christmas by baking lots of cookies, all of which I look forward to. This is also the month when our wedding anniversary is right before Christmas--41 years together this year!

4 comments:
cookies? for all time! the rest of your next 5 months sound excellent, as well; thanks for the topic!
Cookies and Christmas Cards...I'm in!!!
San Juan and whale watching are on my bucket list as well.
Wow. I can barely think past the end of August!
KA's bday!
Post a Comment