Monday, June 18, 2012

Wishy-Washy Decision Making

For the past week I have been indecisive about going to Austin to visit grandbaby Avery and her parents. Husband CB and I had planned to see them this coming weekend, but I kept wondering if I should go up a few days earlier.

Then when I decided to do that, I dithered about taking a Greyhound bus up there. It would take 5 hours, while it usually takes 3 1/2 hours by car.

I was ready to go on an adventure of taking the bus, because it has been 30 years since I've ridden a bus in America. When I was in college and we lived in Oregon, I would often take buses, just as my mother would to visit us in Corvallis, OR when CB was going to graduate school at Oregon State University.

Realizing that I'd have to transfer buses in San Antonio, CB convinced me to drive our car so I would not attempt to carry my suitcase to the other bus. Now we'll both be driving vehicles to Austin and back, which seems a little ridiculous.

I will arrive in Austin at about the same time the bus will, but I'll have the added bonus of having lunch with daughter MJ in San Antonio. I haven't seen her since she returned from Peru last Friday!

So this will be fun.

1 comment:

Nancy said...

Getting to see MJ too makes it all worthwhile!