Monday, April 16, 2012

Apps that Occupy Me!

My adult children introduce time-consuming and fun apps for my Ipod (Iphone for most people, but not me) that I certainly enjoy. The one that is the most fun at connecting me with others (most recently, my friend Mary Jane in CA) is Words with Friends. It is like playing Scrabble with a friend.

The one that my oldest son DC and his wife AA told me about over Easter is more infuriating at times than Words with Friends, but it is an enjoyable way to play a pictionary-like game, which is called Draw Something.


And still, the only spiritual app that I use is Equanimity, which brings me into meditation/prayer with a chime and ends whatever time I choose with three bells. I've used it to start and end centering prayer groups, also. In fact, our group at Lebh Shomea sat in centering silence with the aid of the Equanimity app each night.

 This image shows the different screens possible to look at for this app.

And here, there is the place to use it online right now on the computer, even with suggestions about how to meditate.

2 comments:

ROBERTA said...

I too love words with friends and draw something. I hadnt heard of equaminity. I use I-qi for centering prayer:)

Elaine (aka...Purple) said...

Nice. I now have an iphone so I'll have to check the meditation app. I'm not a scrabble type person. I've heard alot about the draw with me...but seems I have enough distractions during the day without something new. lol

THere is one game app that I'll sometimes play called "Cut the Rope". Generally I play that when I am waiting...like in an airport or something.