This afternoon I am having surgery to repair the infraspinatus muscle of the rotator cuff of my right shoulder. This is from the inept descending/falling from the top bunk on the Russian train to Saint Petersburg on Nov. 8. Since I am so right-dominant, I may not be posting much in the near future, but we'll see how proficient the hunt-and-peck mode is with my left hand!
I never knew that the rotator cuff was made up of different muscles. If you are interested, you can see that the
hot pink muscle (infraspinatus) is the one I tore.

This is day surgery, so I will be home tonight.
4 comments:
Healing and comfort to you, Jan. Wisdom and calm minds and hearts to those who are caring for you.
I had surgery on my right shoulder two years ago (torn labrum), and I was actually able to type with my right hand after a couple of days (awkwardly - with the sling off). I don't recommend doing it for very long - made me tired very quickly & it's probably not recommended :)
Good luck!
Praying for you, Jan.
I remember learning about the infraspinitis muscle while in massage therapy school....very cool name, but I bet it has hurt a lot to have it torn. You will feel much better soon!
Post a Comment