Fan and Joe, dear friends who now live in Colorado, sent me these beautiful tulips this week. They arrived on Wednesday, the second day of my "pitiful me" time, a perfect gift at the time I needed it most. They still look bright and cheery on our kitchen table.I am lucky to have such dear friends like Joe and Fan, who continue to send me cards and emails, give me rides, and even bring me food. Just today my longest-enduring-friend of Corpus Christi, Lisa, brought us dinner and stayed and visited awhile. Bringing along memories with her, she made us a pasta casserole from the old La Leche League cookbook that was published in 1982.
Another friend stopped by my house on her way to get her hair cut. Since she comes a long distance, I appreciate her taking the time so that we could sit together outside for a short chat.
And always on call is my dear husband, without whom I would not get dressed every day!
I am rich in friends and loved ones. How can I feel sorry for myself when I am so fortunate? (Plus, I am feeling better!)
1 comment:
Glad you are feeling better, and that your friends are so kind.
Post a Comment