Monday, January 30, 2012

My Sling and Me

I am living with this shoulder immobilizing sling almost 24 hours a day for six weeks, ever since my shoulder surgery on Jan. 4. This weekend we got the bill for the sling, and it cost $190!! So it costs about $4.50 per day of wearing it. (Thankfully, our insurance paid for most of it.)

My friend Nancy wondered what it was like, so tonight husband CB took pictures:




The whole point is to keep my elbow close to my body, which that does. On Valentine's Day, I'll be able to stop wearing it!

4 comments:

Elaine (aka...Purple) said...

Almost to the end...yay!!! They really do not want that shoulder to move much at all, do they?

Susan@FruitfulWords said...

Too bad we didn't live near each other as I would have given mine to you! You are in my prayers. Blessings from Susan

Bonnie Jacobs said...

Counting down the days until Valentine's Day.

Nancy said...

Thanks for showing the sling to me. I can see why you're getting tired of it! But it looks like it really does the job.