Sally brings today's Friday Five for RevGalBlogPals:I have had a ridiculously busy week so apologies for the fact that this is rushed and even a bit late, but here goes, even in the busyness of the week what has
1. Inspired you
In our Lectio Divina group, a member shared about teaching a yoga class for disabled adults. One man can rarely do the poses and so lies flat on his back. At her last yoga class, the teacher said she looked at this man and felt overwhelming love for him, the same love that God has for each of us.
2. Challenged you
I was challenged this past Sunday to attend a meeting of Christ Centered Prayer facilitators at my church and admit to them that I do not believe that the books that go along with this way of prayer are the highest authority. I am not very good at confrontations and usually avoid them at all costs. By only talking about my own feelings, the meeting went well and I left early with the agreement that I would no longer lead a Christ Centered Prayer Group. I feel very peaceful about this and know that it was the right thing to do at this time.
3. Made you smile
Pictures of my granddaughter looking at dogs at PetSmart:
4. Made you cross/ made you want to weep
A few days ago I started having an RA flare, with the joints of both hands swelling and reddening, plus exhaustion returning. This was three weeks after my shoulder surgery, when I had to stop taking the RA medicine for several weeks. I had not had a flare since I started the combination of Humira shots and methotextrate pills in October, so it was both painful and disappointing to have RA symptoms return. It is understandable though, after the stress of surgery and the disruption in my meds. My rheumatologist advised me to take prednisone (a steroid) until the pain subsides, which is starting to happen.
5.Kept you going?
Friends and family and seeing my physical therapist three times a week. Yesterday I saw the orthopedic surgeon, who told me that on Valentine's Day I can stop wearing the sling!! I am definitely encouraged and am on the downhill count to that day (with less than three weeks to go).
2 comments:
Good for you with the facilitator's group...and for clearly telling them your theology does not agree with theirs.
word verf: truste
It may not be easy, but saying what needs to be said is sometimes the only way to go. I love the look on your granddaughter's face. I hope your pain subsides quickly, and I know you'll be glad to be rid of that sling, helpful and necessary though it may be for now. Hang in there!
Post a Comment