I tried to post on the Kindle Fire I received for Christmas, but found typing on a new post impossible for an unknown reason. I tentatively tried to type just now on my computer, mainly because my orthopedic surgeon told me it would be possible--and it's easier than I had anticipated. Still, I am glad I pre-posted until Jan. 10 and kind of wished I'd done more planning ahead!
Surgery was Wednesday. Thursday was a very difficult day as I was in a lot of pain, which is what the anesthesiologist warned me would happen once the nerve block wore off. Whew--did I plummet into pain! Friday was a little better, and today I felt even less pain.
My husband removed the bandage dressings to reveal a longer incision (about 5 inches) than I had expected, though probably was previously instructed. I am glad I did not know about that earlier than today! CB then applied waterproof bandaids and helped me to take a shower. Yay!
Monday I go to my first physical therapy session, which I guess will be passive exercise. And Thursday I will see Dr. D. again.
During this recuperative time, I am mostly reading. I've read two more Charlie Moon mysteries (Grandmother Spider and White Shell Woman) by James D. Doss and a mystery in an ancient secret sext in Turkey entitled Sanctus by Simon Toyne. Not being able to sleep much the first two nights helped me to read more of these reserved library books I had stored up.
3 comments:
So glad the surgery is behind you and you're on the mend.
Praying for your continued progress, Jan!
I hope you continue to feel better and better.
Post a Comment