Tonight I finished the seventh and final book in Louise Penny's mystery series about Armand Gamache. These were such good books! Each one was better than the last! Maybe in another year, Louise Penny will have written another one. . . or so I hope. Click here to see the books to read!If you have a Kindle, you can easily download them. The first one Still Life only costs $2.99 to download! Then you'll be hooked! (My first two books in the series were library books, so look at your local library, too.) It is such fun to be immersed in another world for days. . . .
Now it is time to be back in the real world, since classes and more regular activities started this week after Labor Day. Maybe I will also get back into blogging and even visiting other blogs.
And what is happening around here:
- My right hand is swelling more, while I am still waiting to get the prescription to start the new medication Humira for my RA.
- This Sunday is our granddaughter Avery's baptism, and so family and friends will be arriving soon. Both sons will also be bringing their dogs, so we will have five dogs for the weekend.
- The Wisdom Class reading group started meeting again this week after a two-month break. Our new book is Tattoos on the Heart by Gregory Boyle, a must-read.
- Our Lectio Divina group began meeting today. We meditated upon Romans 14:7-9
- Lectio Divina surprises me at what comes up--I was struck by the word "to." There is movement there, causing me to ponder what I am paying attention to, going to. With all this intensive reading behind me, it is time to be mindful! To what or whom am I focused upon?
3 comments:
Will check out that book series...and, yes Lectio is wonderful!
Hope the new med helps...
As I reached this "reading is serious" drawing, I saw my name on your list of "Blogs I love to read." Thank you. (I may have to borrow the drawing some day for my book blog.)
I love that you were struck by a particular word, as I often am:
I was struck by the word "to." There is movement there, causing me to ponder what I am paying attention to, going to.
I was struck by the word "in" and wrote about it on two of my blogs. As I went to look it up, I see that I mentioned that in the post you read for Friday Five, back in May:
http://bonniesbooks.blogspot.com/2011/05/friday-five-words.html
The original is here:
http://joyfulnoiseletter.blogspot.com/2009/10/its-in-thing.html
Post a Comment