Monday, September 19, 2011

Kindle Addiction

Lately, I have grown addicted to buying and reading books immediately on my Kindle. I read three mysteries since this weekend, which were about a former Amish police chief, with murders in an Amish community in Ohio. They were easy reads, but not ones I would heartily recommend, like the books by Louise Penny and Jacqueline Winspear.

While I was waiting at my rheumatologist's office today to be shown how to give myself the Humira injection, I was very glad I had my Kindle with me to read. I had been told to be there between 11 and 11:30, so of course, I was at the office by 11 o'clock. Having no appointment and only needing the nurse to show me how to do this self-injection, I falsely assumed it would be quick. After 55 minutes of waiting and reading, I finally asked the receptionist again about this event occurring. 15 minutes later, the nurse finally took me to an intake room and showed me how--in about 5 minutes. If I had not been so uneasy about giving myself a shot, I could have figured it out all by myself--but now that I know how, I'll be able to do this every other Monday.

So sometimes an "addiction" helps one--I was glad I had a book to read, even an electronic one!

No comments: