Spain is wonderful, especially with my daughter MJ! We took a 5-hour bus ride from Madrid to Granada on Sunday. Since the Granada hotel has no internet, I am using MJ's laptop at her IES school. Thus, with limited time and access, I am going to post random bullets about the trip so far:
- Much walking--thankfully, for the steroid that eliminates the pain. Toledo and Granada have hills, hills, hills. Maybe all the walking will counteract all my eating.
- This afternoon MJ took me for a 2-hour walk around the Moorish quarter, which was up and down cobblestone and rock ways. It was amazing to see remnants of the Moorish walls from the 11th century.
- On our walk, my camera died! MJ suggested that it's better NOT to have a camera, because then, we pay more attention to the scenery. Interesting thought, which I will take into consideration with this "sign" of camera battery depletion.
- The meals seem to be very carnivore-laden, especially with ham (jamon). The only fruit I have eaten has been bought at a supermarket in a department store in Madrid, but today no fruit or vegetables yet, even though it is 6:30 pm.
- I've read one book and have started another. "Cutting for Stone" is over 600 pages long and is definitely worth getting to read! It only gets better as one reads along. I downloaded that new book about witches and vampires when I was at the DFW airport, which I am reading now. (I'm not proficient enough to connect to Amazon or even italicize with this little laptop, for which I am still very grateful for.)
- Tonight we're going to see flamenco dancers.
- MJ has full days of classes on Tuesday and Wednesday, so I'll be on my own for much of the time. Tomorrow is dedicated to the Alhambra, with a visit at night to the summer palace with MJ.
- On Thursday, after MJ's classes, we will take a bus to Sevilla.
- I'll be excited to post pictures, but winnowing them down will be difficult. That will be after I return home on April 11/12.
3 comments:
Jan, I am so glad that you are in a counry that is dear to my heart and hope you enjoy the rest of your stay. Did you get a chance to get to the Alhambra- it blew me away when I went last year.
Blessings
Oh Spain, my favorite country in Europe! I love Granada and Phil is right about the Alhambra. I have been to Granada twice.
Toledo, Granada - that part of Spain sits in my heart and this is a perfect time of year to visit.
Enjoy it Jan!
So wonderful to read your post! I think of you every day!
Post a Comment