Saturday, October 2, 2010

Canada beats the USA

Today I found Cadbury Dairy Milk milk chocolate at a local pharmacy here in Calgary that is clearly marked "fair trade." Whenever I look at Cadbury milk chocolate bars in the USA, they are not marked "fair trade" at all. Of course, I have only looked at selected stores in TX and WA State, but I think they are indicative of the products sold all over the USA.

Obviously, there has not been a demand for FAIR TRADE CHOCOLATE in the USA to Cadbury. I guess Kraft bought Cadbury, so that would be the place to write. I emailed Cadbury and asked about American Cadbury Dairy Milk bars not being fair trade and never received a reply. Most annoying.

So I ask you, have you ever seen the above wrapped chocolate in the USA? Please tell me where!!

2 comments:

Terri said...

Clearly we need to launch a campaign to Cadbury and Hersey's in the US and ask for Fair Trade chocolate. If they have a preponderance of requests for this they may respond. But, yes if it weren't so dang cold I'd consider moving to Canada...

Sharon said...

October is "Fair Trade Month" and I appreciate you keeping us up-to-date on the this. I had gotten lazy about using FT coffee, so I am making new FT commitments this month.