"The point of travelling is not to arrive
but to return home
laden with pollen you shall work up
Into honey the mind feeds on."
- R.S. Thomas - Welsh poet & priest

Last night as I lay sleeping, I dreamt
O, marvelous error--
That there was a beehive here inside my heart
And the golden bees were making white combs
And sweet honey from all my failures.
- Machado de Assis (1839-1908)
Brazilian poet and novelist
This is only part of his wonderful poem, which I posted in its entirety on March 10, 2009, entitled "Marvellous Error."
3 comments:
oh jan, these fit so well together!
Simply exquisite metaphors. They are exactly right and I just luxuriate in contemplating them further. Thank you so much Jan as always. You are like having an online spiritual director who seems to anticipate my needs often before I know them.
These are great. Love the first one, especially. I need to think on this some more and see where it takes me.
Post a Comment