Monday, May 17, 2010

Maisie is recovered

On Friday Maisie spent the day at the vet's because she was spayed. She came home in the early evening and was quieter than she ever has been in her entire life. MJ stayed with her in the laundry room, which is where we kept her away from the other dogs.


Here's a picture of Cisco looking in on MJ and Maisie on Friday night. By Saturday Maisie wanted to play, but we kept her away from Cisco and Baillie until Sunday.

By Sunday Maisie was romping around like she usually does, and she is back to normal now. In fact, she's too much like herself--today she ripped off about three feet of the green leaf wallpaper in the laundry room in the 30 minutes she was in the laundry room all by herself.

Here is a picture of MJ with Maisie and her new chew toy, which was in the laundry room when she was stripping the wallpaper off the wall.

If you have noticed that Maisie is getting bigger, we now know how much she weighs--45 pounds! (She weighed 28 pounds a few months ago.)

2 comments:

Terri said...

so...I presume you really wanted to redo the laundry room anyway, right? sigh...

we have our son's dog, emmy, who was spayed just a few days before I picked them up in Phoenix and we all drove to Chicago via, Utah. She was a real trooper to go through all that transition and change!

Maisie may be getting big but she is still so sweet and beautiful!

The Bug said...

What a pretty puppy! But your Maisie stories make me glad I don't have one - I don't think I could handle the mayhem LOL.