Friday, May 14, 2010

Friday Five: Family Trees



Sophia brought today's Friday Five to the RevGalBlogPals:

1. Do you have any interest in genealogy?
I have a little interest, but wish I had been more eager to learn about family when both my parents were alive. My cousin Margaret in Calgary, Alberta, Canada knows much more than anyone else in the remaining family--I have not been working on her info as I originally intended when I visited her last year.

2. Which countries did your ancestors come from?
Scotland, England, and Ireland.

3. Who is the farthest back ancestor whose name you know?
Unsure

4. Any favorite saints or sinners in the group?
My mother's mother (my Nana) was a devout Christian Scientist, because she was miraculously healed of heart problems when she still lived in Scotland. She was positive and secure in her belief of a loving God.

5. What would you want your descendants to know about you?
I would like them to know that I was an only child who had four children and that I was someone who loved books, reading, learning, and teaching, especially about God.

6 comments:

1-4 Grace said...

Very nice, Jan. I hope I can find someone and learn more of my family later on. I too missed out on opportunity while grandparents were living

angela said...

Love your thoughts on being remembered. I hope we all have a cousin Margaret in our families just for those of us who want to know but don't organize so well.

Hot Cup Lutheran said...

well perhaps another visit with cousin Margaret and some tea is in order...

Barbara B. said...

I like your answer to #5. :)

Dr. Laura Marie Grimes said...

Miraculous healing and lasting faith--how wonderful.

revhipchick said...

great play--love the miraculous healing! very cool!