Friday, April 2, 2010

Praying at Gethsemane

Title:Praying at Gethsemane
Notes:Dr. He Qi is a professor at the Nanjing Union Theological Seminary and a tutor for master candidate students in the Philosophy Department of Nanjing University. He is also a member of the China Art Association and a council member of the Asian Christian Art Association.
Date:2001
Artist:He Qi
Material:Other
Country:China

6 comments:

Fran said...

Prayers for you today Jan, prayers for you always. I love this art.

altar ego said...

This is a fabulous rendering of that text. I love the blue. So glad you posted.

Terri said...

beautiful!

Kimberly Mason said...

I love his work. I was very fortunate to have a Lutheran friend of mine gift me with a calendar featuring his work. Every month a new scene from He Qi. Yay!

This one takes me back to last night's service where we same the Tenebrae and the lonely sound of our bass singing, "Could you not watch with me one hour?"

Jennifer said...

I Love He Qi's art. Several years ago he was the featured artist for our denominational calendar.
Love him! (And you!)

Sherry Peyton said...

This piece is intriguing and gets so the more you sit with it. Thanks so much Jan. And I do like the new look of the blog! Seems we all get in need of a facelift from time to time!