We use the metaphor of a door opening or closing to episodes in our lives, both physical and spiritual. Just like my mother would talk about a chapter ending in one's life, so does a door close. . . and then open again.
Albuquerque door/gate
Home door at Sky CityAcoma Pueblo on top of a mesa
Doors at Pueblo Bonito at Chaco CanyonI have this same picture on a magnet bought at the park store!
Door on abandoned building in Laguna Pueblo
Closet door in Nancy's room at Los Poblanos InnIt used to be the dairy farm safe!
(What is now Los Poblanos Bed and Breakfast started out as a dairy farm.)
6 comments:
I've been to Deming NM many times...it's the first stop on drive from AZ to Chicago and the last stop before I got home in AZ when I lived there. I'd stop in Deming for gas and food - the Denny's, the Mobile. You might say it was a doorway in my travels...nice photos!
These are lovely Jan. New Mexico is a special place and there are some intriguing doors there!
The doors at Pueblo Bonito remind me of the Inca ruins at Machu Picchu.
I love the doors! Hmm - I must say that Ohio doors are in general not NEARLY as interesting. But I'll keep my eye out - you never know what I'll see if I really look.
Doors As Metaphors
we enter in
the blue door
walk down the hall
behind the shadow of outside
invites as we are pulled
into the shade of inside
the memory of a door...
Glad you had a nice trip Jan. I love NM architecture, especially in Santa Fe. I've seen doors like the first in a couple of places. Some of the most beautiful old churches too. Happy news about the grandchild!
I'm up to Deuteronomy in EFM year 1. Moving along at about a chapter a week. Will soon be ready for the next year, though I may wait to start and do a bit more extra reading on year one. Still have another book I want to read Bright on Israel's history. I'm learning so much it's mind blowing, but oh do I read the bible differently now. I can almost tell what tradition is being read by the language used.
Glad we have you back for all your wonderful pastoral offerings!
How interesting! I loved these photos, Jan, and would have never thought to photograph them myself. They make a wonderful grouping! Beautiful!
Post a Comment