Sunday, April 4, 2010

Maisie is losing her baby teeth

MJ came home yesterday and left today. Here she is playing with (bigger and bigger) Maisie last night. Playing tug of war gets Maisie's mouth bleeding, because her baby teeth are getting loose.

We always take a cooler of drinks on road trips. So when we came home, I dumped the ice out on to the lawn. Maise kept chewing on the ice and even playing with ice cubes.

This reminded me of how I would give my toddlers ice popsickles when they were teething. It did not matter where they dripped as they wouldn't stain, and they could have as many as they wanted.

When I noticed Maisie's mouth this afternoon, I put more ice cubes outside for her. The other dogs could care less, but she likes the ice. I'm glad I finally noticed that she likes ice; it must make her gums feel better.

6 comments:

Terri said...

my dogs have always loved ice too! I'm sure it eases the tooth pain just like cold did for our human babies.

Anonymous said...

My 6 year old dalmation still loves ice - and it keeps him entertained for ages. He is so intense that most toys are destroyed in seconds.

And Maisie has grown up. She is a such a lovely young lady. I love her unfolding story. It is a reminder to me of God's generous provision for all His creation, and of our role as hands and feet in that purpose.

Thank you for sharing it.

altar ego said...

I think ice is a dog thing. Mine love it as well. Aren't canine baby teeth just too cute?

Anonymous said...

She's getting SO big! What a beauty. We also give our dogs ice altho not all of them like it. We have a new puppy coming in this week and we'll try to get him hooked. Free and, as you note, non staining!

chrissie
(I'll post pix of puppy to be adopted later)

Mike Farley said...

What a lovely young dog Maisie is growing up to be! You are really blessed to have such a beautiful companion and friend...

Cathy said...

awwwwww Maisie is sooooo beautiful.

Such a lovely creature.