Jan and MJ at Yardarm RestaurantI am wearing that same sweater with a LONG (down to my ankles) straight black skirt, which is years old. I am realizing how unfashionable I often am, which is bothering me as I set out for the YWCA Dinner for Women of the Year. My friend and Methodist pastor Gloria Lear is one of the ladies being honored.
I keep telling myself that people will just say, "Oh, that's Jan. . . ." since I am never up to date in my fashions, especially my shoes, which have to be comfortable!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
It was fine, though when I got there, I wished I had worn my black pants (which I'd worn to the Yardarm Restaurant that's pictured above).
I keep telling myself that people will just say, "Oh, that's Jan. . . ." since I am never up to date in my fashions, especially my shoes, which have to be comfortable!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
It was fine, though when I got there, I wished I had worn my black pants (which I'd worn to the Yardarm Restaurant that's pictured above).
8 comments:
I love that sweater! I'm sure you look nice & artsy wearing it with a long black skirt.
I'm the same way about shoes. I had a coupon & went to DSW to look at shoes yesterday. Spent nearly an hour roaming up & down the aisles trying on the "comfortable" shoes instead of the cute ones. I ended with some that are just ok. I'm so picky!
I like the sweater too ... and long black skirts are always "in". Comfortable shoes = a must. And 'sides, you look great!
I miss having a long black skirt, which finally fell apart! I need to get a new one!
And your fashion - that smile. It always knocks me out when I see you in a photo!!
Great picture! :)
You all are so wonderful! I am smiling and happy as I sit here back at home in big bathrobe!! Thanks for the encouragement. It was fine; I just get worried before social events and have to remember no one is looking at me, anyway.
Separated at birth-you and I.
I can so relate!
The blue sweater is great-- great color on you, and I agree with Fran, your smile is amaaaaaazing!
You look very nice!
Nonsense!
I think you look stunning.
(And what a great photo of you anyway.)
Post a Comment