Saturday, March 27, 2010

Texas wildflowers (and daffodils!)

All the rains we had this winter and spring have brought forth flowers in south Texas that we have not seen for the past few years of drought. It has stayed cooler longer and so they are plentiful, especially my pansies.

Pansies in front of the fence that Maisie and Cisco like to dig under.

The first daffodils I've ever seen growing in TX (in the ground)!
A neighbor about a block away has 10-12 scattered in her front yard.

When I went to Sandia yesterday to visit LP, she drove me around to look at the wildflowers.

This is the view from one side of LP's house.

Next weekend we're visiting DC and his wife AA in Austin, so maybe we'll see more bluebonnets and other wildflowers.

6 comments:

altar ego said...

Spring! Who can resist the colors breaking the hold of winter's grasp. Love it all! Wish our wildflowers were so visible and plentiful in this part of the world.

The Bug said...

Beautiful! I'm taking pictures of a flower here & a flower there - but we don't have fields of flowers yet.

Nancy said...

I still remember the photo of your oldest son as a toddler, sitting among the blue bonnets!

Lauralew said...

Very beautiful! Made me smile.

Billie Greenwood said...

Lovely! And I like your blog's new look, too.

Ruth Hull Chatlien said...

How lovely. We are only just beginning to get a few spring blooms. Crocuses are blooming, and that's about it so far.

So glad for your daffodils. I love them so.