Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Cannot Sleep

It seems hard to sleep tonight. For a long while I read The Book of Love, which is the sequel to The Expected One. These books are interesting and fun, but I do not feel like reading anymore tonight.
  • As Jennifer wrote in her blog, she is planning to write notes to friends and loved ones. That's a good idea and something I like to do, but no words are flowing. . . .
  • I cooked a very good recipe in the crockpot today that I found at Anne's blog--pork tenderloin cooked with chopped sweet potatoes and prunes. It's delicious! We have enough to last a few more days--yay!
  • I'm not sure if I ever told you that our priest Sandy Casey-Martus is staying at our church. She was not elected to be the Episcopal Bishop for Wyoming, which was probably disappointing to her, but it is a happy decision for us in the congregation.
  • I am reading too many fiction books lately and lost my impetus for writing my papers. I know I will write soon, but not at this moment. After Easter?
  • Maisie is probably about 4 1/2 months old. She is getting much bigger and has still bigger paws. We are wondering how much more she will grow. CB looked on the internet, and it said for larger dogs, they could keep growing till they're 7-10 months old. Uh-oh.
  • My friend NKE and I are going on a trip to New Mexico after Easter to celebrate our 60th birthdays! NKE lives in California and we will meet each other at the Albuquerque Airport on April 8. (NKE and I met in 7th grade when we lived on the Yokosuka Naval Base in Japan.)
  • 60 sounds old to me, but I still feel like myself. I guess I'll always feel like myself. I remember my mother telling me when she was in her 70's that she was surprised to look in the mirror and see how old she looked.

8 comments:

MorningStar said...

I have been falling asleep recently, then waking up two hours later, and staying awake for an hour or so, then trying to wake up at 8. That last part's unsuccessful. The pork roast sounds good and all my dogs kept growing til they were a year old. I'm going to try to go to bed now, and hope you sleep well.

MorningStar said...

P.S. I like your new look!

Terri said...

Sorry you couldn't sleep. I too like the idea of writing notes to people I care for and love. But I haven't done it, yet. Your birthday plans sound awesome!

The Bug said...

Just this past year I've become dismayed by photos of myself - who IS that woman? Sigh. I guess I'll get used to this new face - but inside I'm the same as I was 20 years ago...

Shelly said...

Jan, I love your little cartoon with the exasperated person wishing & wishing for some peaceful sleep! I had no idea that you were a writer and can only imagine how beautiful your thoughts and intuitions are expressed on paper! I am glad too that Sandy is staying at All Saints for sometime longer. Hope you were able to get some sleep and have a productive day.

altar ego said...

Sorry you had trouble sleeping. I hope your day has offered some rest, some energy, some sense of movement in ways that bring joy to your heart.

All will be well!

Jennifer said...

Funny, I've had some trouble sleeping lately, too.
All manner of things will be well.
Love to you.

Cynthia said...

When a friend of mine turned sixty, he and his wife did six special things that year--trips great and small, party/dinner, etc., to celebrate.

I like the spaciousness of your blog!