Thursday, July 9, 2009

My cousin Margaret

This is my cousin Margaret at her daughter's wedding reception in Banff on July 1. I love this picture, even though she is not smiling. I can see my mother in her. This is precious to me because my mother died in 1992. Margaret's sister-in-law told me that night that she could see the resemblance between Margaret and me, which pleased me greatly.

I had to leave the reception early, because I had to pack and get ready to leave on an early morning shuttle to the Calgary airport. Margaret walked me down to the front door of the hotel. I cried in saying good-by to her; Margaret told me she used to do that when she left her parents (in BC when she returned to Alberta) because she wondered if she would see them again. That was a truth I did not realize until she spoke it.

This is the only picture taken of Margaret and me together.

5 comments:

Terri said...

great picture!

Jennifer said...

..and it's a beauty!
Even before you mentioned that others have commented on family resemblance...I saw it.
What a joy to have that link.

Mary Beth said...

this is lovely. thanks for sharing!

Barbara B. said...

Yes, lovely!

Ruth Hull Chatlien said...

You look so beautiful together.