Friday, July 10, 2009

Friday Five: Exercise

Sophia wrote for RevGalBlogPals:

I just got back from an 8 mile bike ride down the beach boardwalk near our home, and was struck with the number of people out enjoying physical activity. Runners, other cyclists, surfers, swimmers, dogwalkers, little kids on scooters....

It's easy to lose track of my physical self-care in the midst of flurried preparation for a final on-campus interview Monday for a college teaching position in the Midwest (prayers welcome!) and the family move that would accompany it. But each day that I do make time to walk or ride my bike it is such a stress reliever that it is well worth the time invested!

So how about you and your beautiful temple of the Holy Spirit?

1. What was your favorite sport or outdoor activity as a child?
Swimming, as there was always an Olympic size pool on the military bases where my dad was stationed.

2. P.E. class--heaven or the other place?
I didn't love it, but also didn't hate it.

3. What is your favorite form of exercise now?
Walking.

As the cartoon indicates I am needing to get in a more regular exercise program.

4. Do you like to work out solo or with a partner?
Usually alone.

5. Inside or outside?
Outside in the winter in TX, but definitely inside at this time of year.

Bonus: Post a poem, scripture passage, quotation, song, etc. regarding the body or exercise.

"We do not stop exercising because we grow old - we grow old because we stop exercising."

Dr. Kenneth Cooper, Cooper Institute

4 comments:

Elaine (aka...Purple) said...

How great to have access to the swimming pools growing up. BTW, I fixed the weird link on my post...thanks for letting me know about it.

Terri said...

It is really hard to exercise when it is too hot or too cold...but walking is one of the best we can do! Love the quote.

Nancy said...

Makes me realize how lucky I am to have wonderful walking weather almost every day of the year!

Ruth Hull Chatlien said...

I like walking too. I treadmill a lot, but I'm rediscovering the joy of walking outside.