It is not you who shapes God, it is God who shapes you.
If then you are the work of God, await the hand of the artist
Who does all things in due season.
Offer God your heart, soft and tractable,
And keep the form in which the artist has fashioned you.
Let your clay be moist,
Lest you grow hard and lose the imprint of God's fingers.
~~Irenaeus, 2nd century bishop
4 comments:
alas we forget this all too often and then go about forming God in our image....sigh...I am really glad the Internet Explorer has decided that I can read your blog again....LOL
Simply beautiful Jan, Thank you.
I can't imagine a day when this wouldn't be important to read. thanks, Jan!
This is great, Jan, particularly in light of what the PB said about the Western Heresy. It isn't all about us. Thank you.
Post a Comment