Son DC and SampsonI am in the midst of packing my suitcase to go to Seattle tomorrow, while son DC plays on the Wii (that he brought from home) and his dog Sampson dozes.
It's been a busy day, as all days are before trips. It started out abruptly because Terry tearfully called me from Seattle to say that Dennis was unresponsive. Immediately jumping into her panic, I remembered how my mother went into a coma before she died of pancreatic cancer--so maybe this would also be the case for liver cancer? The medics and firefighters arrived and took his vital signs, reviving him. It was learned that he accidentally took an extra pill the night before. With his liver compromised by the tumor, it could not process the chemicals.
Dennis stayed sleepy all day. Fortunately, he is physically stable and will still have the surgery on Friday, July 24. The surgeon told them today that the plan is to remove 50% of his liver.
DC and Sampson arrived yesterday, so DC's truck dent could be fixed and painted by someone here, who is proficient and very reasonable. The truck will probably be ready sometime tomorrow, so the two boys will return to Austin sometime in the afternoon.
DC and I went to see the new "Harry Potter" movie in the late afternoon. He had already seen it with his wife, but came with his mom today. I'm so glad I got to see it. It was very well done, though I disliked a few changes towards the end. The actors have matured greatly in their acting abilities. Draco really grew tall!
A friend is staying in our house to take care of our dogs and cat while we are in Seattle for the next week. Our pets will be happier once Sampson is gone. I think our cat is jealous, because today she left a pile in front of the chair where I meditate every day. . . .
AND it's hot up there, too--upper 80s for high temperatures, and most places do not have air conditioning. It's near 100 degrees here in Corpus, but we can stay inside with our air conditioner running.
It's been a busy day, as all days are before trips. It started out abruptly because Terry tearfully called me from Seattle to say that Dennis was unresponsive. Immediately jumping into her panic, I remembered how my mother went into a coma before she died of pancreatic cancer--so maybe this would also be the case for liver cancer? The medics and firefighters arrived and took his vital signs, reviving him. It was learned that he accidentally took an extra pill the night before. With his liver compromised by the tumor, it could not process the chemicals.
Dennis stayed sleepy all day. Fortunately, he is physically stable and will still have the surgery on Friday, July 24. The surgeon told them today that the plan is to remove 50% of his liver.
DC and Sampson arrived yesterday, so DC's truck dent could be fixed and painted by someone here, who is proficient and very reasonable. The truck will probably be ready sometime tomorrow, so the two boys will return to Austin sometime in the afternoon.
DC and I went to see the new "Harry Potter" movie in the late afternoon. He had already seen it with his wife, but came with his mom today. I'm so glad I got to see it. It was very well done, though I disliked a few changes towards the end. The actors have matured greatly in their acting abilities. Draco really grew tall!
A friend is staying in our house to take care of our dogs and cat while we are in Seattle for the next week. Our pets will be happier once Sampson is gone. I think our cat is jealous, because today she left a pile in front of the chair where I meditate every day. . . .
AND it's hot up there, too--upper 80s for high temperatures, and most places do not have air conditioning. It's near 100 degrees here in Corpus, but we can stay inside with our air conditioner running.
4 comments:
have a safe trip....I too did not care for the changes at the end of HP HBP
yes jan, it is definitely hot up here! i do pray for safe travel tomorrow and that you will be a calming influence for Terry....
(o)
Fortunately I forgot the ending of the book so the changes weren't even noticed.
Have a safe trip and stay cool!
Post a Comment