Thursday, July 30, 2009

Blogging just stuff

  • Not too regularly lately, especially not visiting blogging friends. (sorry)
  • It was 94 degrees in Seattle today and 90 here when I checked at 6 pm.
  • Dennis is home and is in a lot of pain. He is staying in the basement with his two Samoyeds because it is so hot in Seattle.
  • MJ gave a presentation on her chemistry research at Trinity University today. Tomorrow she will come home!
  • On Tuesday, CB, MJ, MJ's boy friend CS, and I will fly to Seattle again. This is our family vacation that has been planned for months and months. Son DC and wife AA will fly from Austin also. Son BJ will fly from Houston on Friday night. NINE of us will be traveling together, once BJ joins us.
  • During last week's trip to Seattle, I read The Help by Kathryn Stockett, which I highly recommend. It takes place in Mississippi in 1962 and contrasts the society ladies and their black "help."
  • On the trip home on Wednesday, I read a book loaned to me by daughter AE--Me Talk Pretty One Day by David Sedaris. I kept laughing out loud!
  • I am in the midst of a blogging post about a connection I found in lectio divina with Dennis' situation, so that will come up before I leave.

7 comments:

Barbara B. said...

Wow, you have been busy!

Elaine (aka...Purple) said...

The cartoon is great. "The Help" certainly does sound intriguing. Did you decided what games you were going to have on hand with your family reunion?

Diane M. Roth said...

yes, and I've been there, too. not being able to keep up.

and, as Purple said, The Help sounds intriguing.

Jennifer said...

I have The Help in my to read pile.
I hope you have a wonderful vacation!!!!!

Ellie Finlay said...

Love the cartoon!

I'm so sorry about Dennis's pain. That's not surprising though, so soon after surgery. Are they not giving him enough pain meds or meds that are strong enough? I would sure be assertive about that. Research has proven that we heal faster if our pain is appropriately controlled.

Lori said...

Great cartoon!

And ditto Ellie. She speaks wisdom.

Terri said...

I have enjoyed many David Sedaris books - love his wit, usually.

Glad you are home safe and hope the next round of travels goes well also!