Sunday, September 14, 2008

Women Against Palin

WOMEN AGAINST PALIN

"This site was created to shine light on the anti-woman policies of John McCain and Sarah Palin. McCain's choice of Palin was insulting to women who care about policies that affect their lives. We, as women, will not vote for any candidate based solely on his or her gender. American women are smarter than John McCain thinks. We will take our voices and votes to the ballot box this November and vote for change that will empower the average woman. That change will not come about with John McCain and Sarah Palin."

This site also has links to latest election news articles from Reuters, AP, and Yahoo!News.

10 comments:

ROBERTA said...

Thanks Jan, I sent this to my daughters - the future women leaders of America.....

Terri said...

Oh...I really hope we women are smarter than they think....sadly I saw an interview with a woman from Hillary's hometown (Park Ridge, ILL) who said something to the effect of "I used to be for Clinton now I am for McCain, Palin really has hutzpah!!!" To which the reporter asked, "Do you watch the news?" and the woman replied, "No, not much."

AH, yeah, case made....

Lori said...

What Mompriest said is what worries me. That so many will vote for that ticket just because she's "pretty" and so cute when she's tough. (Not)

*knees a knockin*

Diane M. Roth said...

ok, I feel just heard a quote from a woman who said she's voting for Palin because "we can't wait for the perfect candidate."

I feel like resurrecting an old post of mine.

Ok, Palin is not stupid. She is a bright, ambitious woman whom I happen to disagree with. She is much more right wing than I am.

It's not sexist to say that I don't think she's ready to be VP. And it doesn't take anything away from what she has done.

Elaine (aka...Purple) said...

I agree with all the previous comments. I do so hope Obama can turn the tide back in his favor.

Sherry said...

Thanks Jan, this is a different site than the one I saw today. The more the merrier. The other one is http://womensaynopalin.blogspot.com We all have to fight this thing as best we can.

Jaliya said...

Jan! You're OK from the hurricane. I am so glad to know. Are all your loved ones alright?

Bless you for posting this. We here in the Great White North [Canada, eh? ;-) ] are facing a federal election on October 14. We were given about five weeks' official notice of it.

Our own federal politics are operating under the radar, it seems -- the party in power, (Conservative), have been biding their time, I think, and are anticipating a McCain win. We won't be much better off than our friends to the south -- and to the *north* ... Hey! I can see Alaska from my window! I'm an expert on foreign affairs! VOTE FOR *MEEE!* ;-D ...

...Oops, I was saying ...if Harper wins a majority vote, and if McCain wins in the States, we neighbours are likely to be paddling up a parallel creek.

I think our federal Liberal party died with Pierre Trudeau. All other parties simply won't get the votes. Bloody hell.

For the first time in my life (I'm 49), I feel frightened in an instinctual way, for my safety as a citizen, a person, a woman. I mourn in advance as I imagine what kind of future could await the children I love (the youngest of whom is three weeks shy of her first birthday ... and my youngest nephew is five ... What might the military machine demand of him thirteen years from now, when he turns 18?) ...

I also WISH that I could vote in the U.S. election!!!

I'm really trying to understand what is going on in America ... I feel sick to my stomach when I read a comment like mompriest's -- of an admittedly ignorant woman who implies that she'll vote Republican because Sarah Palin has "hutzpah!!!"

That even KARL ROVE has gone public to say that McCain's ads are "too much" ... !!

I've written a piece that asks some questions about what might be after November 4th.

When I consider what might be, I feel grateful that my reproductive years are almost past.

(... and if any information I've written is inaccurate, please let me know ... We're all working hard to sift truth from crap, aren't we ...)

... What kind of feeling is running through your own communities, neighbourhoods, families ... ? -- Where I live, there is a huge charge of interest in the U.S. election ... more interest, it seems, than our own ...

Missy said...

Diane, it's okay to say Palin is stupid. ;)

Thanks, Jan. Just knowing there are a few intelligent and well informed people out there can renew my hope.

And I am hoping.

Peace--hope Ike wasn't too rough on you.

Cynthia said...

Jan,

Go here to see a video from Saturday Night Live with Tina Fey as Palin and Amy Poehler as Clinton. It's a riot!

emmapeelDallas said...

I'm so glad you posted this!