Since my knee arthroscopy, I've been reading and reading. Once I read all the Julia Spencer-Fleming mysteries, I had to find more. Following a link on one of those pages on Amazon connected with her, I found a new author--Deborah Crombie. I keep checking out her books from the public library and have almost read them all. Since I've read about eight of her series about Duncan Kincaid and Gemma James, I got too tired of listing them on the sidebar. I may be reading the last one the library has here and so am branching out to two different authors, recommended by friends:- Henning Mankell, whom Judy recommended: Faceless Killer
- Laurie R. King, whom Nancy recommended: The Beekeeper's Apprentice
I can walk without crutches or a cane now. The stitches were removed on Thursday. I was admonished by the doctor to listen to my body and elevate my leg when pain occurs. That seems to happen most often in the late afternoon and evening. Plus, I'm exercising with weights on my feet a couple times a day.
8 comments:
I'm glad you're blogging again!
Keep up the relaxing reading and keep up the knee exercises.
Love and healing prayers to you.
You're doing great! Good for you with the exercises with weights. They will make all the difference.
I'm glad to hear you're recovering. Good news.
Hi Jan, so good to read this post. Glad you are doing well!!!
I have a book that I think you will LOVE.
The Dignity of Difference by Jonathan Sacks. Oh it is brilliant.
Sounds like you're doing very well! Good for you!!
I'm glad you're recovering nicely!
And I wanted to say thank you for stopping by and leaving the comment about my Palin posts. It's not my usual subject matter, & I seem to have infuriated at least one anonymous Palin supporter, but I worry very much what could happen if McCain/Palin win, and so I think it's important to post a bit about it. Thanks again, Jan, and here's to a quick, complete recovery.
Judi
glad you're getting better...and what a great way to spend your recouping time----reading!!!
I'm so glad you're feeling better, Jan. I love Laurie R. King -- "The Beekeeper's Apprentice" is the first in one series, and I believe "A Grave Talent" is the first in another, which I prefer. Although, I like both.
Thanks for stopping in at my place -- it's good you're getting up and around!
Post a Comment