Saturday, September 13, 2008

Ike Hits Land

We in Corpus Christi, TX feel most fortunate that Ike is not affecting us. Please pray for the people in east Texas and in Louisiana and Mississippi, and especially in Galveston and Houston.

6 comments:

Katherine E. said...

The ABC affiliate here is showing a picture of a hotel complex near the Corpus Christi bridge, Jan, that's completely under water. I guess it's just along the coastline itself; can't really tell. Anyway, I'm glad you're OK and didn't have to leave home. We are still waiting for something here. It's cloudy and sprinkling, and a little breezy at the moment.

K
9:28 a.m.

Fran said...

I was worried about you too Jan.

I have a friend in Bridge City near Beaumont. They evacuated, but apparently Bridge City is under 9 feet of water!

Unknown said...

I heard your mayor on TV saying reassuring things! I'm glad you're okay, still praying for the rest.

Diane M. Roth said...

yes, praying for all... keep us posted.

Billie Greenwood said...

Knowing you were possibly in Ike's path made me more aware of Ike. Glad you're OK, but--like you--I fear for those hit.

Nancy said...

Seeing all those reporters on the TV news standing dangerously close to seawalls brought back this memory:

Do you remember us walking near the seawall in Japan during a typhoon watch and being sent home by an MP? I think we were mortified to be reprimanded, being such good girls. But it looks different from an adult perspective, doesn't it?

How did Ben fare? Did he evacuate?