Today is a very good day to die.
Every living thing is in harmony with me.
Every voice sings a chorus within me.
All beauty has come to rest in my eyes.
All bad thoughts have departed from me.
Today is a very good day to die.
My land is peaceful around me.
My fields have been turned for the last time.
My house is filled with laughter.
My children have come home.
Yes, today is a very good day to die.
From Many Winters by Nancy Wood
This is the way Joe died on Monday. I wish my parents had experienced such deaths, but still I know they were welcomed in love to their new lives. I hope my death will be like this someday.
8 comments:
Beautiful, Jan.
I was just reading John O'Donohue's book of blessings. Here's part of what he says about "Absences":
May you know that absence is alive with hidden presence, that nothing is ever lost or forgotten....May you sense around you the secret Elsewhere where the presences that have left you dwell...May you be generous in your embrace of loss.
Jan:
Providence. Synchronicity.
A friend of mine died yesterday,too.
This is a beautiful poem to read anytime, but especially today.
Thank you.
Oh Jan- beautiful.
Just beautiful.
That's lovely and so serene. It would be good to die that way.
I hope so, too.
You share such lovely things with us, Jan, it is a constant refreshment in a weary land to read your blog.
Sorry I'm late on this, but had to comment. This is lovely and full of hope. Thank you.
Post a Comment