Thursday, September 25, 2008

Flowing, Changing

The bulletin for Joe's funeral today had a profound quote from Border Lands: The Best of David Adam's Celtic Vision:

"Everything in this life is visited by its tides and seasons. This world is in a state of constant flux; all is flowing, changing. The more alive and alert the creature is, the more likely it is to be changing regularly. All of us are caught up in the pull of the ebb and flow of the whole of creation. In each of us thee are many strong currents at work. We are a very small and frail craft in a mighty ocean. Yet we may be privileged to discover, in the ebb and flow, that nothing is lost, only changed."

9 comments:

Lori said...

Beautiful quote and beautiful picture.

((((Jan))))

Elaine (aka...Purple) said...

Border Lands is an exquisite book and this is such a wonderful quote to share on Joe's death.

Ruth Hull Chatlien said...

The more alive and alert the creature is, the more likely it is to be changing constantly.

I love that so much!

Beautiful artwork too.

Continuing to think of you in the loss of your friend.

Barbara B. said...

I love that quote. Profound indeed.

Sherry said...

This is quite lovely Jan. Thank you.

Katherine E. said...

I absolutely love your blog, Jan. It's full of wisdom, beauty, and great causes. That quote is a 'keeper' for funerals I may be called to do in the future. Thanks. I hope you're okay.

Ruth Hull Chatlien said...

Good morning. I have an award for you at my blog.

Fran said...

Jan - I am late to comment but here with ongoing prayers of consolation and peace for you.

I was praying for your friend's soul and for those who will miss him when I attended a funeral at our church today.

The quote and the art are beautiful.

Billie Greenwood said...

Ditto everyone on the beauty of the quote/art. I must look up the book Border Lands.

Peace to you, Jan.