
As a recipient of this award, there are rules to follow. I have to answer the following questions with one word answers and one word only! Then I must pass it on to seven others!--I already blew the one-word rule, so do what you want!
The questions are as follows:
1. Where is your cell phone?
Amazingly, next to me on the desk.
2. Where is your significant other?
Gone to work on the house he's remodeling two houses down from ours.
3. Your hair color?
Brown and gray.
4. Your mother?
Deceased
5. Your father?
Deceased
6. Your favorite thing?
Books!!
7. Your dream last night?
Being in a doctor's office.
8. Your dream/goal?
Write a book.
9. The room you're in?
Sunroom, which is like a family room.
10. Your hobby?
Blogging
11. Your fear?
Insecurity
12. Where do you want to be in 6 years?
Home
13. Where were you last night?
Home
14. What you're not?
Unkind
15. One of your wish-list items?
More books. . . .
16. Where you grew up?
Everywhere
17. The last thing you did?
Read the Sunday newspaper.
18. What are you wearing?
What I wore to church: khaki linen skirt and blouse.
19. Your TV?
Off
20. Your pet(s)?
Sleeping
21. Your computer?
OK
22. Your mood?
Content.
23. Missing someone?
Always
24. Your car?
Celery green (though it's "official" name is fancier).
25. Something you're not wearing?
Socks
26. Favorite store?
Container Store
27. Your summer?
HOT!
28. Love someone?
Always
29. Your favorite color?
Green
30. When is the last time you laughed?
Today
31. Last time you cried?
At Joe's funeral.
I nominate the following bloggers:
(This is always hard to do, because so many have already received this award, and I love many, many blogs.)
1. Katherine E. at Meaning and Authenticity, who brought me into the blogging world and into connection with RevGals. She honestly shares her struggles and insights with work, church, politics, and her life. The title of her blog tells what she strives for, ever since I met her at the Spiritual Formation Academy in 2001 BB (Before Blogging).
2. Jiff at An Orientation of Heart, who doesn't blog as frequently as I wish she would. Still, I find each post worth the wait. Jiff has directed me to many books I have appreciated, both concerning spirituality and mysteries, my current craze.
3 & 4. Ellie at Does Not Wisdom Call? which features meditations, quotations, and prayers combined with beautiful art. Ellie has two other blogs, too. She collects great political cartoons, quotes, and news stories at Child of Illusion.
5. Sherry at A Feather Adrift, who brings passion and intelligence to her posts about politics. I always wish I could write as eloquently as she does. And a special bonus is that on Fridays she collects multiple pertinent posts from various blogs of interest, and not just politics--there are even some good recipes!
6. Seething Mom, who expresses the anger and frustration a mother feels about the injustices towards her gay son and the homophobia rampant in the USA. Since I have a gay daughter, I identify with how she writes and wish I could be as vocal!
7. Jaliya at Pushing fifty. . .gently. . . if I can find my glasses, who has a wonderfully eclectic blog. She refers to other blogs and websites that I would never find unless she posted. She has a sense of humor I like and an inquisitive mind!
I appreciate Missy giving me the Brilliant Brilliante award (see sidebar). Selfishly, I'm glad I already received it before, because it's too hard to choose bloggers to honor, especially "new" ones! She said if I'd already gotten it, to give it another person, so I can manage just one more:
Angry African on the Loose, who uses language elegantly to espouse the African philosophy of "UBUNTU"--"I am because you are." He talks family, politics, anything with passion!

11 comments:
Wow! Thank you! That's a big honour really. (Especially after some of the recent comments!) It makes me so happy to know people can see past some of my "Angry" parts.
Lots of love,
AA
And thanks for all these blogs. Most of the blogs I read come from blogs I trust. I'll be peeking at them during this coming week!
Thank you, Jan. You are a gem!
I would have definitely given you the "I Love This Blog" award (had I known about it!)
I *heart* your blog too!
I love so many blogs that I wish I could have given out more awards!! Thank you, dear friends.
awards well deserved.
As another testament to your blog, I was helped mightily by some previous content in your blog during the writing of my latest sermon AND I unabashedly used your blog title as my sermon title. Also, the St. Ambrose quote was the opening prayer for the worship service.
Gosh Jan, this is so very nice of you. Thank you from the bottom of my wee heart. I shall attend to the particulars within the week. :)
Oh Jan, you are so remarkable. Not only did you link to the blog that gave me the award, but you picked up the meme I refused to do!
I really enjoyed reading your answers.
And congratulations to everyone you passed your awards on to.
I love you, too, Jan.
Jan -- thank you :-)
It's the first award my blog has received :-)
Post a Comment