"Archbishop Desmond Tutu has accused the Anglican church of allowing its 'obsession' with homosexuality to come before real action on world poverty.
"'God is weeping' to see such a focus on sexuality and the Church is 'quite rightly' seen by many as irrelevant on the issue of poverty, he said.
"It may be good to "accept that we agree to differ" on the gay issue, he said.
"Archbishop Tutu was addressing a conference of church leaders organised by the Christian charity Tearfund.
"The Church says its work on poverty tends to be overlooked."
Go here to read the rest of the article by Robert Pigott.
7 comments:
YAY for Tutu...from his lips to our hearts....
so glad you shared this with us- may we all have ears to hear what the Archbishop is saying.
ArchBishop Tutu is SO spot on. Some of my friends and I have had that same conversation. I recall Jesus talking a good bit about helping the poor; I don't recall him speaking at all about the other.
excellent! thanks for sharing this
Good for ArchBishop Tutu!!
Bless his heart. He is such a courageous man.
Oh I sincerely pray that we can set this issue aside and address real issues like poverty and disease. It continues to waste so much time. The RCC is such an example of this preoccupation. I sincerely hope that the TEC does not fall prey to the same mindless preoccupation
Post a Comment