Sunday, June 22, 2008

Gretchen Markle logo

Spring Crocuses
"Spring Crocuses" by Gretchen Markle

Looking at Project Laundry List, I discovered a link to the art of Gretchen Markle, who painted my profile logo:
CC#3
"Cumberland Clotheslines 1" by Gretchen Markle

Gretchen Markle was born and raised in a small mining town in Northern Ontario. In 1976, she moved to Vancouver Island. The isolation and beauty of both locales have had a profound and lasting effect on her art making.

6 comments:

Ruth Hull Chatlien said...

Those crocuses are beautiful. So full of sunshine.

Crimson Rambler said...

and as a survivor? escapee? of "small mining town in Northern Ontario" -- I'd sure love to know which one!

Jennifer said...

Wow. Lovely art from an artist with an intersting life!

Fran said...

So beautiful!!!

Diane M. Roth said...

I absolutely love this art! I gotta know more. thanks for posting this.

Amalee Issa said...

Jan, it is the picture of the clothes line on your blog that drew me to your blog. How cool is that!

Now come on, America! Stop drying your laundry electronically. Start hanging out your laundry; you know there really is no better scent than that of a line-dried shirt...

Amalee