Maybe old news, but it's new to me. Thanks to
Fran (from
Paul), I discovered this link to
UK Daily Mail about John McCain and his calculated dumping of his first disfigured wife for a beautiful, very rich, younger woman when he returned from being a POW. I realize that is a difficult time of transition for any couple, but I find it heartbreaking that a woman so hurt in an accident is not supported with more than money. (Positively, at least he promised to pay his first wife's medical expenses for the rest of her life, which must be in the $millions.) The comments in the article from former friends and even former supporter Ross Perot are revealing, especially about their disgust with their previous compadre.
This is further damning evidence against him and something I find personally reprehensible.

l
"When McCain – his hair turned prematurely white and his body reduced to little more than a skeleton – was released in March 1973, he told reporters he was overjoyed to see Carol again.
"But friends say privately he was ‘appalled’ by the change in her appearance."
(While it was a miracle she was standing/walking!)
5 comments:
Ugh.
Saw this at Fran's too.
Makes me wonder that if we all as a country end up crippled and disfigured, will he leave us for Canada?
i haven't heard this...so, it's news to me...I can hardly believe a person could be so shallow....(oh, wait, yes I can...it's just always sad to hear about it)...
Presbyterian Gal said it best!
It is so sad. Far be it from me to pass judgment, but there does seem to be a lot to support this.
I am no moralist, that is for sure. I will leave the tsk-tsk of sex and other matters to others.
What I am more concerned about are things like personal integrity when it comes to truth.
Also, having grown up around a lot of sick, sad relationships - I just see Carol's defense of McCain as a very sad thing indeed.
Wow, that is really really ugly. The hypocrisy is the worst of it. People make mistakes, do harmful and stupid things---but he acts as if he is morally above all of that. Clearly, he is not!
Post a Comment