Sunday, June 8, 2008

Peacemaking: Day by Day

Two little volumes of Peacemaking: Day by Day sit on my computer desk. I don't look each day, but find the quotes for today very meaningful.


Volume 1:
If you want to see the brave, look for those who can forgive.
If you want to see the heroic, look at those who can love in return for hatred.
~~Bhagavad Gita


Volume 2:
I am the only one, but still I am one.
I cannot do everything, but still I can do something; and because I cannot do everything I will not refuse to do the something that I can do.
~~Edward Everett Hale

2 comments:

Fran said...

Oh Jan, I have volume 1 and I do look at it when I begin to pray each morning. Lovely. One day I will get volume 2 as well.

These are beautiful thoughts for today. I am glad that I stopped by your "chapel" here for a moment of reverent reflection and community.

Ruth Hull Chatlien said...

Very thought provoking, especially the first one. It reminds me very much of Gandhi, or at least, it seems like a teaching that could have influenced him.