Our air conditioner stopped working. At 7 pm, it's 85 degrees F. inside the house and 90 degrees outside. I could not live in south Texas without air conditioning. Here's hoping it will be fixed tomorrow!
My deepest sympathies. I'll say a prayer that you get it repaired tomorrow.
In the meantime, I'll pass on a trick my mom once taught me. Run really cold water on your wrists--on the inside where you see the veins. It will really help you feel cooler.
On top of Ruth's idea, if you can get to the store still, buy a huge block of ice and set it in a large shallow container, big enough to hold it melted, but shallow enough to stick up. Put it in front of a fan and sleep in front of it! I've done this and it helps.
Wrapping an ice cube in a washcloth and holding it to your wrist will help, too. But a working air conditioner will be a teensy bit better!
Sat in the stands watching a baseball game yesterday....a gazillion degrees. Thank goodness for my Mary E. "Queen of Everything" umbrella. Don't know how the players managed it.
7 comments:
oh no!!!!! It's hot enough here and it's only 80!
My deepest sympathies. I'll say a prayer that you get it repaired tomorrow.
In the meantime, I'll pass on a trick my mom once taught me. Run really cold water on your wrists--on the inside where you see the veins. It will really help you feel cooler.
(groan) Sending you cool thoughts in the meantime...
ick!
here's hoping that it gets repaired first thing!
Oh gosh - I hope that gets fixed, right away!
Oh I am so sorry! That just stinks.
On top of Ruth's idea, if you can get to the store still, buy a huge block of ice and set it in a large shallow container, big enough to hold it melted, but shallow enough to stick up. Put it in front of a fan and sleep in front of it! I've done this and it helps.
Prayers for good repairmen tomorrow!
Wrapping an ice cube in a washcloth and holding it to your wrist will help, too. But a working air conditioner will be a teensy bit better!
Sat in the stands watching a baseball game yesterday....a gazillion degrees. Thank goodness for my Mary E. "Queen of Everything" umbrella. Don't know how the players managed it.
Post a Comment