Thursday, June 5, 2008

Happy Land

Savage Chickens - Return to Happy Land

Well, prozac does not necessarily make life happy; I know from experience.

Friends and family help. Saying "thank you" frequently helps.

Remembering Meister Eckhart helps:

"If the only prayer you ever say in your entire life is thank you,
it will be enough."

Thank you.

8 comments:

Choralgrrl said...

That is one of my very favorite quotes. Jan, you are a dear. :-)

Jennifer said...

I'm thankful for you!

Annie's Mom said...

Lovely!

Ruth Hull Chatlien said...

Thank you for being transparently yourself on this blog.

And thank you for a wonderful quote.

Mike Farley said...

Dear Jan, as so often, thank you! Thank you for being you, for this blog, for this wonderful, profound quote from one of my favourite people...

Love & blessings all the way from Dorset...

Mike

Jan said...

Thank you all, especially Mike. You all mean so much to me.

Suzy said...

I too love that quote from Meister Eckhardt. After my third child was born (following the death of my second) I wondered how I was going to get through the worry and anxiety for her wellbeing. A friend told me to end every day with an expression of gratitude for that day something which really helped. It is easy to get into the habit of forgetting, however.

Thank you.

Anonymous said...

I love the Eckhart prayer, too.

And thank YOU!