no it's going to be just the opposite. While the price of all food may be going up, places like McDonald's are going to have to raise their prices last. So, when things like bananas, rice, apples, and vegetables become completely unaffordable, people will go to McDonald's and get 99 cent burgers or whatever, and the problem won't go away. It might plateau (there are signs that it is already), but with rising costs, people will be ingesting bad food more of the time rather than bad food some of the time and good food some of the time.
i wish it were so simple as that! i think infinity squared is probably correct.
gardening is a great way to cut back on those food prices. we're not doing the community garden due to the upcoming move but i'm hoping that once we get there it won't be too late to at least plant a few things.
IS, I thought of that when I posted the cartoon, but liked it since it appealed to my hungry sense of humor being on this diet you abhor. Unfortunately, prices go up on the healthier food most of all--as pictured in the cartoon with the produce. It's nice to have you comment. Guess I need to irritate you enough so you will!(:
The cartoon is funny, but the reality takes me back to the 70s. I remember that sometimes there was quite a jump in food prices within the space of a week.
5 comments:
no it's going to be just the opposite. While the price of all food may be going up, places like McDonald's are going to have to raise their prices last. So, when things like bananas, rice, apples, and vegetables become completely unaffordable, people will go to McDonald's and get 99 cent burgers or whatever, and the problem won't go away. It might plateau (there are signs that it is already), but with rising costs, people will be ingesting bad food more of the time rather than bad food some of the time and good food some of the time.
i wish it were so simple as that! i think infinity squared is probably correct.
gardening is a great way to cut back on those food prices. we're not doing the community garden due to the upcoming move but i'm hoping that once we get there it won't be too late to at least plant a few things.
The previous posters may be right, but as one who (with you) is currently dieting, I got a smile from this cartoon.
IS, I thought of that when I posted the cartoon, but liked it since it appealed to my hungry sense of humor being on this diet you abhor. Unfortunately, prices go up on the healthier food most of all--as pictured in the cartoon with the produce. It's nice to have you comment. Guess I need to irritate you enough so you will!(:
The cartoon is funny, but the reality takes me back to the 70s. I remember that sometimes there was quite a jump in food prices within the space of a week.
Post a Comment