I read The Up Side of Down: Why Failing Well is the Key to Success by Megan McArdle while I was at Lebh Shomea on my Kindle. I thought I had highlighted sections I liked, but now cannot find the notes!
Megan McArdle has long been a successful business blogger. In this book, she argues that America is unique in its willingness to let people and companies fail, but also in its determination to let them pick up after the fall. Failure is how people and businesses learn. She teaches us how to recognize mistakes early to channel setbacks into future success.
"Handle it right, and failure can be the bet thing that ever happened to you (though it may sometimes feel like the worst). Handle it wrong and it won't just feel like the worst thing that ever happened to you. I know; I've been there. And the good news is there are concrete things you can do to train yourself to be more resilient, and to turn a very unpleasant setback into an opportunity to do something you might never have had the courage to do otherwise."
With the kindle, I do not have page numbers. Plus, I keep thinking that I may have more to share when I've reviewed the book again!

No comments:
Post a Comment