I have been busy writing “professional” papers, where it is required that staid, measured prose be properly footnoted, annotated and credited. I am tired of living there!
However, my creative brain is somewhere in the land of strange to illogical. So join me in my flight of thought and tell us:
1. A color that you enjoy (and where you find it)
Green, and with spring comes the bright fresh green of new leaves, especially on the mesquite trees.
2. A food or drink you have discovered recently that is just da bomb!
I LOVE the soup recipes found in The New England Soup Factory Cookbook. One of my favorites is Vegetarian Mulligatawny Soup, with the recipe found here.
3. A simile for tiredness
4. A random picture from your phone, camera or computer
![]() |
| Very random picture of Ben's dog Troy |
5. Your least favorite bill: car mechanic, dentist or plumber?
Probably car mechanic, because that usually means something major has gone wrong--lots of charges for labor.
BONUS: If you are going to have a Lenten practice or discipline, what is it? If you have a book or on-line resource, be sure to share it!
My friend Nancy sent me a book to read for Lent, so we'll be reading it together even though she lives in California and I live in Texas: God for Us: Rediscovering the Meaning of Lent and Easter. Another book I like is Small Surrenders: A Lenten Journey by Emilie Griffin.


9 comments:
Your simile photo has me laughing!
a good thing =) thanks for adding to today's FuN !
love both of your pics. It strikes me they both could have been used for simile!
I had the same thought as rev h-d. Those papers...don't envy you. When I went back to seminary I had to learn all that over again.
~~Elaine
Jokes on me. I thought you had posted the Friday Five hence my comment about writing papers.
~~Elaine
I'm so excited about that book for Lent! It is truly a beautiful book. The art, the writing... I'm looking forward to reading it.
Love the pic - that is one comfortable dog!
I love the cartoon and the pic of the dog.
Although technically... not a simile, Ms. English major.
I love your pics and picks! I agree about desert plants greening and blooming; peace!
Post a Comment