3DogMom brings today's Friday Five to RevGalBlogPals:
Whether or not we make resolutions with the new year, we all
transition to a new, physical calendar. In recent years my favorite wall
calendar is called Pooped Puppies, a monthly collection of sleepy, or
sleeping, pups that can’t help but evoke an “awwwww.” for many years my
godmother gave me a flat, weekly desk calendar that featured National
Geographic photos. One of the great things about calendars is that for
each of us they fulfill the “form and function” requirement–a place to
indulge an interest while serving a purpose.
For today’s FF, tell us about five calendar themes that you like to see hanging on your walls or going with you to appointments, or that you WISH existed to adorn and accompany your life.
I have not been blogging much lately, but this Friday Five clicks with me because I love calendars and always write friends' birthdays on my new calendar on New Year's Day. I have done that since I was in college, which was more than four decades ago.
1. Kitchen calendar: I take time on my trips to look for calendars and tend to choose ones that are of nature, especially trees. This is the one that has everyone's birthday listed.
2. Birthday calendar: When I was younger, I had a book calendar that listed everybody's birthdays, but that was always mislaid. I just got a birthday calendar for the wall from Etsy.com. It also had pictures of trees, but are the creator's renditions. It may be a more permanent choice in the future, though the tradition of writing on the calendar on New Year's Day may be one I am not ready to surrender. I still need to record the birthdays on this one though.
3. Google calendar: This online calendar on both my iphone and ipad helps me to keep track of regular commitments, especially my RA medications--once weekly of Methotextrate pills and bi-weekly injections of Humira. The latter one can be confusing in the rush of life (holidays most recently).
4. Check-off calendar: For the new year, I resurrected a form I created about five years ago with weekly check-off squares for daily disciplines of meditation, piano practice, walking, etc. Some habits are in place, but not all of them. Physically marking off a box and seeing the monthly results on the bathroom wall will (hopefully) give me positive reinforcement to continue.
5. Mental calendar: This may not be as dependable as it has been in past years--remembering appointments, regular events. I've missed the last TWO Thursdays for posting prayers at RevGalBlogPals, and so I need to depend less on my brain's remembering and write more things down! My awareness of this not working as well as it used to makes me realize that I need to put more reminders somewhere.
Whether or not we make resolutions with the new year, we all
transition to a new, physical calendar. In recent years my favorite wall
calendar is called Pooped Puppies, a monthly collection of sleepy, or
sleeping, pups that can’t help but evoke an “awwwww.” for many years my
godmother gave me a flat, weekly desk calendar that featured National
Geographic photos. One of the great things about calendars is that for
each of us they fulfill the “form and function” requirement–a place to
indulge an interest while serving a purpose.For today’s FF, tell us about five calendar themes that you like to see hanging on your walls or going with you to appointments, or that you WISH existed to adorn and accompany your life.
I have not been blogging much lately, but this Friday Five clicks with me because I love calendars and always write friends' birthdays on my new calendar on New Year's Day. I have done that since I was in college, which was more than four decades ago.
1. Kitchen calendar: I take time on my trips to look for calendars and tend to choose ones that are of nature, especially trees. This is the one that has everyone's birthday listed.2. Birthday calendar: When I was younger, I had a book calendar that listed everybody's birthdays, but that was always mislaid. I just got a birthday calendar for the wall from Etsy.com. It also had pictures of trees, but are the creator's renditions. It may be a more permanent choice in the future, though the tradition of writing on the calendar on New Year's Day may be one I am not ready to surrender. I still need to record the birthdays on this one though.
3. Google calendar: This online calendar on both my iphone and ipad helps me to keep track of regular commitments, especially my RA medications--once weekly of Methotextrate pills and bi-weekly injections of Humira. The latter one can be confusing in the rush of life (holidays most recently).
4. Check-off calendar: For the new year, I resurrected a form I created about five years ago with weekly check-off squares for daily disciplines of meditation, piano practice, walking, etc. Some habits are in place, but not all of them. Physically marking off a box and seeing the monthly results on the bathroom wall will (hopefully) give me positive reinforcement to continue.
5. Mental calendar: This may not be as dependable as it has been in past years--remembering appointments, regular events. I've missed the last TWO Thursdays for posting prayers at RevGalBlogPals, and so I need to depend less on my brain's remembering and write more things down! My awareness of this not working as well as it used to makes me realize that I need to put more reminders somewhere.
3 comments:
I have a "perpetual" birthday calendar, too, although I always forget to look at it! In fact, I can see it from my computer, and it appears to be missing some critical dates--that's something I can work on today! I love trees, as well (good choice!). Thanks for sharing your choices, and for playing today. Happy New Year, Jan!
I know what you mean about trying to remember RA medication. . .I have a daily pill container, but it only has enough room for the pills I take at dinner. I have no problem with the weekly evening dose of methotrexate, but the morning one has been forgotten more than once. I now put a post it note on my bathroom mirror on Wed so that I am constantly faced with it . So far I still "see" it on Thursday mornings when it's time for it. I'm still on just the weekly methotrexate, but I think something more may be added the next time I see the rheumatologist. (sp?)
I love that you keep track of Birthdays. I am very diligent about that as well! Great FF play!
Post a Comment