With this being the third of January of 2014, I have decided to keep track of the books I read this year. I did this for a few years when I first began my blog eight years ago and would like to do it again. You can see the list to the right of this post.
I read about Crossing for Safety by Wallace Earle Stegner somewhere on the internet and bought a used copy. It was published in 1988, when I had three children and was not reading much except quick mysteries. Its description as a quiet book about two couples intrigued me, as well as the date of its publication.
The narrator of the book is the male member of one of the couples, who is about 64. That is almost my age, so his reflections seemed relevant as to our age perspectives. These couples met while they were in graduate school. The book chronicles with flashbacks their relationships and challenges as they grow and change. It is an interesting book.
It evidently was the last book that Wallace Stegner wrote before his death in 1993. It was so well-written that I plan to read more of his books, but will get them from the public library if possible.
I read about Crossing for Safety by Wallace Earle Stegner somewhere on the internet and bought a used copy. It was published in 1988, when I had three children and was not reading much except quick mysteries. Its description as a quiet book about two couples intrigued me, as well as the date of its publication.
The narrator of the book is the male member of one of the couples, who is about 64. That is almost my age, so his reflections seemed relevant as to our age perspectives. These couples met while they were in graduate school. The book chronicles with flashbacks their relationships and challenges as they grow and change. It is an interesting book.
It evidently was the last book that Wallace Stegner wrote before his death in 1993. It was so well-written that I plan to read more of his books, but will get them from the public library if possible.

No comments:
Post a Comment