Monday, November 18, 2013

Later? NO!!

My daughters AE and KA in Seattle like to create letterpressed items. They even have a shop on etsy.com.

They have spurred me on to be interested in such items, especially in cards, which I intend to write and mail off to friends and family. . . that is one aspect of my tendency to procrastinate lately, which includes blogging, exercising, letter-writing, working on my master's papers, and on and on.

I am stuck, but am earnestly sitting in meditation about the conflicting desires to proceed and to delay. Cynthia Bourgeault in her new book The Holy Trinity and The Law of Three: Discovering the Radical Truth at the Heart of Christianity advocates that the law of three produces an entirely new idea/way when opposing forces are held in tension. As I see the spring deadline for the papers completion approaches, there will be no alternative but go ahead!

Back to the picture--Unfortunately, the humor of these letterpress files listed are too true (but probably too much trouble to use):
  1. maybe
  2. sometime
  3. never
  4. unlikely 
  5. later

No comments: