Tomorrow is our church's annual rummage sale, For two days they have been accepting donations.
We got rid of some things, but I am most pleased with getting rid of clothes. I finally gave away most of the too-small clothes I wore 15-20 years ago when I was the thinnest I have ever been in my life--when I was suffering from clinical depression and was walking 6-12 miles each day. I guess I finally accepted that I will never be that thin again! (But I am a much happier person now.)
I also cleaned out our odd assortment of sheets and tied up "sets" with purple ribbon (that curling ribbon that I don't use much any more). There was quite an assortment of twin sheet sets that our four kids used over the years and left here at home when they moved on.
I know of two Methodist churches that are having rummage sales tomorrow, so there will be three in close vicinity to each other. Hopefully, all the churches will sell most of their stuff!
We got rid of some things, but I am most pleased with getting rid of clothes. I finally gave away most of the too-small clothes I wore 15-20 years ago when I was the thinnest I have ever been in my life--when I was suffering from clinical depression and was walking 6-12 miles each day. I guess I finally accepted that I will never be that thin again! (But I am a much happier person now.)
I also cleaned out our odd assortment of sheets and tied up "sets" with purple ribbon (that curling ribbon that I don't use much any more). There was quite an assortment of twin sheet sets that our four kids used over the years and left here at home when they moved on.
I know of two Methodist churches that are having rummage sales tomorrow, so there will be three in close vicinity to each other. Hopefully, all the churches will sell most of their stuff!

No comments:
Post a Comment