Tuesday, May 15, 2012

A Tight Spot


Today I had lunch with a friend at the restaurant in the Art Museum of South Texas. After our leisurely lunch and long chat, we came out to the parking lot to find my car wedged into this truck. However, when I parked there at noon, I had empty parking spaces on both sides of my car!

I went back in to the museum, where the security guard found the cars on his security camera. He came out to look at it, as he thought he might be able to move my car. Instead, he went back in the building to find the owner/driver of the truck.

I was expecting a good ole Texas boy to come out as the driver of this big truck--but a little, old lady came out to say she hadn't heard anything when she'd parked there! (She left almost two feet clearance to the parking spot line on the right.) I really do not know how she could get that close to my car! She kept asking me what time I'd arrived, somehow indicating that I'd done the parking job.

The whole incident turned out well, because the security guard moved the truck back, clearing my car completely. Whew!

There are only some scratches on the side mirror, while the truck had about a six inch scrape (from the protruding mirror). I am surprised the mirror wasn't pushed to break off from the car. (I'm also wondering how my old sliding cell phone could take such a reasonably clear picture.)

6 comments:

Bonnie Jacobs said...

Go, blogger Jan! How old was this old lady?

Unknown said...

Wow!

Terri said...

unbelievable. so glad it wasn't worse.

Hot Cup Lutheran said...

whoa... grandma musta been in a hurry!

Sherry Peyton said...

there are few things that make me madder than someone who does this. It's unnecessary and so rude. Trying to climb across to the drivers seat is really hard!

The Bug said...

The scary thing is that she's still out there - driving & parking badly!